We kapchur the spirit and feeling of events and people. From the softness of a tear to the the excitement of a 6 year old on Christmas morning! Pets and children of friends have been favorite subjects for a long time.
We shoot weddings, corporate and personal events, portraits of children and babies in natural environments and love capturing the love you have for your pets.
Weddings, Event Photography, Corporate Photography, People, Children, Real Estate and Pet Portraits
Who am I?
I am Richard Wood
I’ve been shooting with dslr Canon equipment for about 8 years. It started out as an obsession of capturing amazing photos of my cats (http://kittymeadow.com) for the first couple years. Then, as I got more and more into social media, I started photographing events. Both of these types of photography challenged me and “forced” me to want to invest more and more into great equipment for the best results I could. Over the past eight years I’ve attended at least 100 hours of live and online training courses to continue expanding my skills and techniques, not only in photography, but also in post production work.
In 2010, I’d decided that I had invested over $10,000 in Canon equipment and at least half that in all the class work I’d been through. It was then I decided it was time to start a professional photography business. So, my first company was “Capture: Photography by @RL_Wood”. From there in June 2011, I formed an LLP under the name of kapchur.us photography with my former business partner Josh Whalen. However, about a year later he moved back to the East Coast.
Since June 2011 I’ve photographed at least 200 night club events in Seattle including Neighbours, Q Nightclub and The Baltic Room. I’ve photographed about 30 weddings, 20 or so engagement sittings, 100+ corporate portraits and headshots, 20 or so corporate events, a few “dudoir” male boudoir shoots, a few more boudoir shoots, 3 editorial styled shoots, 3 model shoots, 3 runway fashion shows (two in Seattle, one at Portland Fashion Week). My work has been featured in Mode Fashion Magazine as well as Seattle Gay News.
I promised myself I wouldn’t overwork myself when it came to photography. So, every project I take is because I love it. It’s never “about the money”. I have a day job that pays my bills. My photography business pays for my photography business, not my lifestyle.
What is the current “stuff” I’m using? Well, as of 7/9/2015 here’s a list for the photo nerds out there!
– Canon 5D Mark III (my baby)
– Canon 85mm f/1.2L (the GEM of all portrait lenses)
– Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro (so I can see your hair follicles)
– Canon 50mm f/1.4 (all around amazing lens)
– Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 (great wide-angle lens for real estate and landscapes)
– Canon 24mm f/3.5 Tilt-Shift (great architectural lens)
– Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 (“everything” lens)
– Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 (my sole zoom)
– Manfrotto carbon fiber tripod (extremely light for it’s size)
– Paul C Buff strobes and light stands (great gear for a reasonable price)
– MacBook Pro 15″ Retina
– Hackintosh! – custom built dual boot PC tower running OSx Yosemite and Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel i7-4771 processor, 32 gigs of high speed ram, 500 gig SSD, 250 gig SSD, 2TB Standard Drive, EVGA GTX 770 Graphics Card, Liquid Cooling System
– Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign)
– OnOne Software add-on for Lightroom (for some really cool effects)