Not like “free beer tomorrow”, but free.
I’ve been shooting lots of nonprofit events over the past couple years and I don’t believe I’ve ever charged for one. So, I wanted to make it official by saying, “I shoot nonprofit benefits for free”.
I do have a handful of stipulations:
- The event’s PRIMARY purpose should be to raise money for a nonprofit (not networking or education that happens to have a charitable side-note)
- The recipient nonprofit should be a registered 501(c)3
- Event should have 50+ attendees
- kapchur.us photography should be the official photographers (if others will be required they should coordinate through kapchur.us)
- Maximum event shoot time of 3 hours ($100/hr overtime fee)
- Public recognition should be given for the donation of the photography services (using logo if possible)
- Food/drink should be provided to the photographer(s) & assistant(s) (if applicable)
- Although I can’t think of any off the top of my head, I reserve the right to turn down organizations for personal reasons
- One or more professionally dressed and professionally acting photographers (sometimes with assistants for larger events)
- Arrival 1 hour prior to event start time (the 3 hour limit starts at the start time of the event)
- Original digital photos with watermark will be provided shortly after the event (usually within 48 hours) (2000 pixel longest edge, medium sized)
- A blog post here about your event with some of the photos
- A link to a Facebook album where your guests can view photos and tag themselves and friends, a post of the same link on your organization’s Facebook page (linking back to the kapchur.us Facebook album)
- A link to a SmugMug gallery where guests can purchase photos (without watermark)
Of course any event I would do would be “schedule permitting”. If you contact me about an event and we draw up an expectations list and we agree on the list and the date/time, you have locked me in to that date.